Telespazio Belgium, a Telespazio company, can count on almost 40 years of experience in the field of Space Operations Service & Engineering activities.
We provide a significant contribution to the most major Space programs of the European Space Agency. Our core business is to work on the ground to build bridges into space, contributing to the success of ambitious missions.
In this frame, we are looking for a Geo-Information Business Development Manager - dedicated to the Application of Geo-information (GI) & Earth Observation (EO).
The Geo-Information Business Development Manager will be actively involved in the important development plans of the Company. He/she will work under the direction of the Head of Business Development and Sales and in cooperation with the Engineering & Innovation and the Programs Management functions, in order to:
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the EO and GI market in the Benelux area both in the civilian and defence application areas, by means of dedicated analysis and participation to expert forums and working groups on the subject;
- Support the identification and development of new GI business in compliance with company strategies and in direct coordination with the GI Line of Business of Telespazio;
- Develop and maintain business relationships with Benelux and EU private and public Customers and potential industrial partners;
- Coordinate the preparation of Telespazio Belgium proposals, with specific responsibility for the elaboration of financial and commercial offers and contractual analysis;
- Exercise commercial communication through presentations, demonstrations and participation in events, as needed to develop new business opportunities;
- Support and coordinate with Head of Business Development and Sales in problem-solving, resourcing and budget elaboration and revision activities.
- Support strategic planning and budget elaboration and revision activities.
- Degree in Engineering or Scientific disciplines,
- Min. 10 years of experience in the field of Geo-information & Earth Observation market;
- Geo-information & Earth Observation Market knowledge (existing players, procurement procedures of key customers, technologies, market trends etc.)
- Previous experience in identifying, planning, maintaining business opportunities and providing strategic and commercial knowledge and/or support to the company
- Knowledge of the Benelux Institutions, with a focus on Belgian ones, is a key asset;
- Experience in negotiation, tendering or bid management,
- Willingness to frequently travel around Europe (approx. up to 30% of the time);
- Perfect command of the French & English languages are mandatory; (Dutch and/or Flemish will be considered as an asset.
- Strategic vision and objective-driven;
- Ability to work independently
- Good sales and marketing and communication skills;
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to cope with stress and to prioritise tasks;
- Ability to work in a multicultural, open-minded environment;
- Frequent business travels & missions.
- Partially Onsite and Remote working
- Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance
- Company car
- Mobile phone and PC
- Relocation package (if applicable)
Please note that interviews will be held via Microsoft Teams and the employee will start remotely depending on the coronavirus development.